Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Outfits of the Week: April 1st, 2008

I know, I know where the heck did the outfits of the week go?! I guess we'll never really know, but the important thing is, they're back and better than ever!

I've always been a little annoyed at the fact that the "whole outfit" shot is so skinny and tall, while the detail shot has a much nicer proportion. Silly detail I know, but it really bothered me. So I've decided to just take that little bit of extra time and make a nice little collage for each outfit, and actually including some close up detail shots. As with almost all of the photos I post, you can click on the image to see a bigger version (go ahead, try it!)

So much more pleasing to the eye, so much better for shopping! Hopefully graphic designers all around will appreciate the effort and I will sleep better knowing the outfits are fairly represented! Here goes:

Raw silk jacket by Yarncraft (Montreal), cotton voile lined dress by Valerie Dumaine (Montreal), wood slice necklace by Norwegian Wood (Montreal), vintage patent belt & vintage boots (still available at HQ)


Coral, stone and metal necklace by Aria (Montreal), green dress by Hastings + Main (Vancouver via Montreal via India! That's right, Marianne, designer of Hastings + Main is living in India right now and taking advantage of all the beautiful textiles at her disposal!). Vintage boots (still available at HQ). I also thought either pair of the vintage low heeled sandals would look great with this outfit too...

*****

No comments: