Thursday, October 19, 2006
Open call for crafters!
We've just received a heads up from Ottawa, so all local crafters/designers, take heed!
So every year in Ottawa they have this great event called Ladyfest which organizes the highly anticipated annual event "Not Your Grandma's Holiday Craftsale". They are currently looking for vendors for this highly attended holiday craftsale which is scheduled for SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2nd at the Jack Purcell Community Centre from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Crafters are to show up at 9:00 a.m. to set up, and have until 6:00 p.m. to tear down.
A couple of important points to remember:
- the organizers will be providing the actual tables for everyone, so no need to bring your own.
- Due to an overwhelming number of applications at previous craft sales, all
applicants will be juried and must await approval.
- Tables are 25$ each. Payment is required before the weekend of the sale so once you have received a confirmation e-mail (which will be sent by November 10th), you will have until November 24th to submit your payment either in person or by mail.
- Once you've accepted your spot in the craftsale, cancellations are not eligible for a refund.
Here's what they need from you to consider your application:
- Your name and contact information
- A brief description of yourself and your crafts
- Approx. price-point of your crafts
- Photos of your work.
- Whether or not you would be willing to be contacted by the media or
have pictures of your crafts included in any press about the craft sale.
And of course apply quickly! Spaces are limited, and the deadline for all
applications is Friday, November 3rd.
That's coming up quickly folks, so step to it!!!